Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Interstella 55555


I remember the first time I heard Daft Punk. Around the world came up on MTV2 and I was on the phone with a friend. He was watching it as well. This was before cell phones. Not before they existed, mind you...They just cost a shitload to use. We watched the people dancing around to the beat, almost hypnotized as in 'can't look away'. Since I wasn't into techno I guess they just passed me by.


A few years ago I introduced them to myself via Aphex Twin. I got on a new music kick and I like to feel it so Aphex Twin jumped out at me. Then one day YouTube shuffled around the world in my playlist and I remembered...

Immediately I devoured their entire collection (which isn't officially that much) and found this movie. Then they released Tron Legacy. It was almost cosmically timed. I just found and fell into the top of the line music creators and they let loose their first film score.... Beautiful.

The story is very familiar and the animation is straight out of classic childhood. All of the movies that I couldn't remember the names seem present here. There is no dialog which turns out to be a great way of keeping the characters from overrunning their place. The music is sublime and the story is classic. Any child can watch and enjoy and every parent can rest easy allowing their child to view this wonderful film...

No comments:

Post a Comment